Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Harefooted Halloween: Ringu 0: Birthday

Ringu 0's Sadako...kinda different if you ask me
What I Liked: When Sadako finally shows up in the form that we all know and love, she looks great.  Nice eerie ass movements.

What I Didn’t Like: Everything except that one thing I said above.

Overall Impression: I’ll be honest here, I wasn’t going to write about this one because there isn’t a whole lot to say.  The story goes something like: young Sadako struggles with her (evil-ish) powers during that time she joined an acting troupe.  Ok, maybe that concept is worth at least mentioning because fuck, that’s the oddest plot to a Ring movie yet.  But because I wanted to say a few things about Sadako 3D I needed this in here to bridge the gap.

This movie fills in Sadako’s backstory and takes place around 1970.  They made her into a real person with emotions and even a love interest.  Fucking Sadako falls in fucking love guys.  But that’s not even the strangest part of what the filmmakers are trying to sell you.  I won’t spoil it but the ending (aside from the brief moment where we get the Sadako form we’re used to) is just plain dumb.   
I scratched my head the entire time trying to figure out why some people thought this picture needed to exist.  It’s made well and all but the ideas presented are wack.

No comments:

Post a Comment