Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sexy Thrillers Round 3 Wrap Up


And so the latest round of sexy thrillers comes to a close.  Here’s what I watched:







The clear winner of this bunch is Single White Female.  It was much better than I expected with a genuinely creepy atmosphere at times, surprisingly good acting and a little more sex than your average film.  So if you haven’t seen that one yet check it out.

Runner up would go to Species II.  Another unexpected…well not gem…near gem?  It’s no forgotten masterpiece but it’s a very fun movie.  Between all of the neat creative practical effects and the fast moving story it’s easy to get into.  That would be a good hanging out picture for you and your friends.

The worst film is a tie between Single White Female 2 and The Roommate.  They’re both unnecessary and just dreadful all around.  Avoid those ones as best you can.

That leaves Dressed to Kill and The Big Easy.  I didn’t care for either of them but I can see big Hitchcock buffs getting a kick out of Dressed and people who like really corny shit might be into The Big Easy.  But neither one offered a great time or much to think about.  There are better Brian De Palma and Dennis Quaid movies out there.  I would recommend The Untouchables or Innerspace.


I hope you guys had fun going on this journey with me.  I’ve got a couple of other ideas up next so stay tuned to see what they are.  There’s one project in particular that I’m interested in doing but it’s going to be pretty tedious so we’ll see.  Anyway, thanks for reading folks!        

No comments:

Post a Comment