Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Woman

Here’s what one guy said about this movie at the beginning of the “making of” extra on the DVD: “This is not art.  This is bullshit.  This is degradation of women…you know, I would say this film ought to be confiscated, burned.  There’s no value showing this to anyone.”  

Ok, so I liked this one but what laid the groundwork was not knowing anything about it.  I think if you go in oblivious to what you’re about to experience this one pays off pretty well.  I do have one complaint and it’s kinda major.  The hipster score undercuts the impact of this picture.  I don’t know if it was meant to lighten/balance the material or if the director just thought it sounded cool but it damages the mood and hurts the film.  Other than that it can drag a little but overall I had a good time…I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment