Friday, October 28, 2011

Judge Dredd and Versace


Did you know that Versace designed the Judge Dredd outfit?  I mean for the movie not the comic.  That was interesting to find out.  And according to Wikipedia he also did some wardrobe for Hard to Kill.  My guess would be for when Seagal's a bit dressed up in the beginning and in the last third of the film.  The gun completes the look though.


One last thing, is anyone else excited for the new Dredd movie?  I'm not sure if I like the costume design as much but I'm only basing that off of those couple of images that were released.  I'm glad they're giving that character and world another shot.  There are a number of things that I dig about Judge Dredd which, admittedly, mostly include Armand Assante but I think the production design is killer and there are some real badass moments (the opening firefight with James Remar in particular).  So I think there's a bunch of inherently cool stuff about Dredd and the society that has developed around him which makes it seem like it would be harder to screw up but you never know.  Hopefully this new incarnation will find the right balance of action and character study.

1 comment: