Thursday, October 27, 2011

City of the Living Dead




This is a real cool picture from Italian horror maestro Lucio Fulci (Zombie or Zombie 2, however you call it).  A priest hangs himself and by doing so unlocks the gates of hell, oops.  Some people try to stop the oncoming apocalypse but in the meantime some crazy shit happens.

I’ll warn you right now that it can get slow at times but almost every horror movie is like that so I don’t think it’s much of a handicap.  Overall I had a lot of fun with this one and thought there was some pretty neat stuff to sink your teeth into.  I think my favorite part was where the priest appears and disappears in front of this couple that’s making out and…well I don’t want to spoil it for you.  But during that scene I even said “agh” to myself.

The good stuff is really good and the effects are well done.  Plus the soundtrack is awesome.  I mean just check out the scene above.  It’s really badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment