Friday, December 16, 2011

Don't Open Till Christmas



This one is your run of the mill slasher flick.  And even though it takes a bunch of things from Halloween it didn’t feel like a Halloween knock off…most of the time.

I like how simple the plot is, there’s a guy killing Santas.  The deaths are pretty good and varied and the story moves pretty well.  The cinematography can be bad at times though.  And the music cues tend to be awkward and feel out of place every once in a while.

Overall it’s not bad or great.  But I forgot I was watching a Christmas themed slasher movie about half way through even though there are these Santas being murdered.  I mean this film is Christmas related and there’s decorations and shit everywhere but I dunno, all of that seemed to fade into the background and be forgotten about after a while.  That’s just me though.  I’m sure it’ll come off differently to different people.

The scene above is a particularly nasty death handed out to a Santa.  Nothing like a urinal mutilation to summon the Christmas spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment