Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Saw the Devil



This one comes from South Korea and boy is it up there in entertainment.  I mean there are some movies that try to be as gratuitously violent as possible like the Saw series but they don’t have any real substance to them.  I Saw the Devil makes damn good use of violence and character.  The plot is all about revenge.  A serial killer (Min-sik Choi from Oldboy) dismembered the wrong broad ‘cause now her husband is after him.  The two battle it out over a couple of days and it just keeps going from one awesome scene to the next.  And while you’re watching this it makes you wonder if the husband is really just as bad as the killer.  I feel like not all revenge films bring this question up, at least not so clearly.  Not only does this piece have some depth to it but it’s also just so much fun to watch.  This is a real kick ass movie my friends and would be perfect to jump start the Halloween season in a couple of weeks.

The scene above shows what our serial killer is capable of and also how not to treat a guy that gives you a ride.  ‘Cause what he does is just rude in my opinion.       

No comments:

Post a Comment